Wedding Dress Decoding the Secrets to Help You Find The One
Whether you have always wanted to look as extravagant as Carrie Bradshaw looked in her reel-life wedding in Sex and the City, or as effortless as Jennifer Lopez looked in her real-life wedding, I am sure that you do not want to settle for anything less when it comes to this very big and special day of your life. While it is true that you have a list of things to take care of, but you do need to take some out for your big fat wedding shopping. You have to make some efforts so that your groom goes weak on his knees as you walk down the aisle, and everyone else in the church goes “Wow!”.
So, the first thing which you have to do is ask yourself a few questions such as “What am I exactly looking for?”, “Should I do something over-the-top or stick to something simple yet beautiful?”. Follow your heart and don’t let the magazine covers of Vogue and Elle influence you too much. Your dress should speak about you and your personality. So, before you start your hunt for the best online store out there offering the best deals, here are a few tips for you.
- Keep an Open Mind- The first tip which I am going to give you is that try to keep an open mind while browsing through the dresses. I know that you must already have a few screenshots saved in your phone or magazine cutouts pasted in your diary. But then, you will be surprised to know that most brides end up buying a dress which looks great on them but is totally different from the one they have thought of buying. Yes, you read that right!
- Which White is Right? – I know you might get a little confused as there are so many types of whites out there – the diamond white, the silk white, the ivory, etc. The options depend on the store you are choosing and also on the material of the dress. So, which white is for you is the question! But my darling, there is nothing to worry about. Just keep reading.
- Diamond white looks great on all kinds of skin tones and hair colors.
- Light ivory also flatters almost all kinds of skin complexions.
- If you have a pale complexion, then opt for a wedding dress that is medium to dark ivory.
You can also ask your sister or best friend for their opinions so that they can suggest you with an ideal white tone, which will look the best on you.
- Envision Yourself – Do you want to look understated on the “D day”? Or sexy and modern? Or turn up as a very traditional bride? Well, it all depends on you and your wedding theme. While some brides want something super chic, other wants dresses which have a very vintage feel to it. At the end of the day, the call is yours to take! Following fashion blogs and going through a few stores would help you find “the one”. And yes, make sure you search for only those online stores that sell quality yet cheap wedding dresses.
- Don’t Get Stuck on the Size: Wedding dresses are generally made smaller; so, you need not panic about it. You might have to buy a dress that is two sizes bigger than your normal size, but trust me, it’s nothing to worry about. And yes, do not buy too tight a dress even if you are planning to go on a diet before the wedding. It's safer to order the one based on your current measurements, as you can always size it down by the tailor if you happen to lose a few kilos before the special day!
At the end of it all, I would like to say that it is your day and your dress! So, do not buy something that does not seem to be very welcoming to you. Research well and make sure that the style compliments your body, skin color and hair. If you can imagine yourself wearing it as you walk down the aisle, then it is surely “the one” for you. All the best!
Author bio: Jane is the owner of a bridal salon and a regular blogger on prom dresses and cheap wedding dresses. To get tips on buying the right set of mismatched bridesmaid dresses, read her blogs.